Shipping Insurance Connector
This is a pre-order.
There is a setup and signup process that needs to be completed prior to integration.
Instructions for payment for the module will be provided later.
A busy holiday shipping season is already upon us. With the complexity of shipping, mistakes happen. You can offer protection for your customers at reasonable rates for your customer. The customer will have the option to add insurance to their order. They will see the quote/cost for the insurance for the items in the order before making the choice to purchase the insurance.
The Shipping Connector:
- Allow your customers to be able to add insurance to their order during checkout.
- The cost of insurance to the customer is about 2% of the order total. (the Insurance Provider will have the details)
- The connector passes the order information.
- The connector passes the tracking information.
- Order updates will be pushed within the Miva admin.
- Connector can send the order manually in Utils.
- Connector also works in Order Workflow.
- Connector works with Shipstation when a shipment is created and sends the tracking information.
- Currently supports the insurance for the whole order (partial insurance not yet supported).
- Currently supports one shipment (split shipments not yet supported).
- The $399.99 cost is for a perpetual license of the connector module and updates/upgrade/support for 1 year.
How to get started:
- Order the connector with the requested information
- IDS will forward the information to the insurance provider to get setup in the system when you choose your desired plan. IDS does not sell the insurance or the insurance services.
- The connector requires that the API is enabled in the account.
- IDS will configure the connector for your account and it will be ready for integration
- More details as this process evolves